Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Moist Egg-less Butter-less Chocolate Cake

So I was browsing this blog at 12midnight and stumbled upon this egg-less butter-less chocolate cake recipe. After baking the two chocolate cakes for my birthday, I knew that I need another chocolate cake recipe for the ganache, as the cake was too dense, even for the original chocolate butter-cream frosting. And then I found this!

This super moist, super easy, super surprisingly egg-less (I had like, two eggs left in the fridge), butter-less (I have one 250gm butter that I keep in the fridge for those "just-in-case") cake recipe! One hour later, here I am writing this entry.

This, is definitely my new favorite chocolate cake recipe!

 yummy babycakes!


Dry ingredients:

2 cups of cake flour
3/4 cocoa powder (I use Tudor Gold)
4 tbsp powdered milk (I use Anlene. The only powdered milk I had in my kitchen.ha!)
*Combine everything above and sieve, pour in mixing bowl.

After sieved, add:
2 cups of brown sugar, and mix everything well

Wet ingredients:

1 cup of corn oil
2 1/4 cold water (not ice water, water kept in the fridge)
2 tsp vanilla essence
1tsp chocolate emulco (I didn't have any, didn't know what it looks like so I didn't put it in. Works just as well for me)
Pinch of salt (forgot to put this one)
2 tsp Sunquick or lemon juice (I used lemon juice)

Using the mixer in medium speed, pour water, corn oil and vanilla essence until the ingredients mix well. Add sunquikc/lemon juice and continue mixing. 

Pour the batter (it will be very very watery, but don't worry, it will rise) on a 7-inch pan or cupcake pan and bake in 170C for about 45-55 minutes. 

Once baked, let it cool for about an hour before cutting it, or you risk eating cake lump instead of cake slice.

1 comment:

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

looks irresistably hearty..
first time here..love your space..
nice presentation..
Am your happy follower now..:)
do stop by mine sometime.

Tasty Appetite